Date: February 20, 2019
Time: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: Nathan Hale Ray High School
Description: One of our greatest fears as parents is that our children will suffer from the disease of addiction. The recent opioid epidemic has raised the stakes and made it even more important for parents to be educated, aware, and empowered. You do have a strong influence over your child’s likelihood of becoming addicted to opioids! In this workshop we will:
- Learn about the specific risks of opioids.
- Discuss risk factors and protective factors for adolescent addiction.
- Develop skills to help treat your child’s pain while limiting long term risks.
- Learn how to have more effective communication with your physician.
- Review safe medication storage and disposal.
- Review potential signs of drug use and addiction in adolescents.
- Learn what options are available for treatment.
- Discuss risk factors for overdose.